The Chilliwack Archives has amassed over 100,000 historic photographs in its collection of prints, slides, negatives, artwork, film and postcards. These images visually tell the story of Chilliwack - its people, places, industry and politics.
Archival images are made accessible in person at the archives, or digitally via our online collections database. Because historic photographs require special care, handling, cataloguing and storage, the Chilliwack Museum charges photograph reproduction fees. The schedule of fees is as below:
Researchers may obtain copies of our photographs by placing an order with us in person at the Archives (9291 Corbould Street), by phoning 604.795.9255, or by email. Once payment is received (by phone, mail or in person), we can process your order. Please allow up to a week for processing.
All photograph orders are subject to our photograph fee which includes scanning and handling:
- Photograph Scan $15 each (jpg or tiff format)
- Document Scan $15 each (jpg or pdf format)
- Oversized Photograph Scan $30 each (jpg or tiff format)
We are able to print up to 8.5" x 11". For larger reproduction prints, you may wish to try local printing companies who can print to a variety of sizes and mediums including canvas, photograph paper, giclees and other materials. Local companies we recommend are Ace Signs and Prime Signs Chilliwack, both located on Alexander Avenue, Chilliwack.
Commercial fees are charged when images are obtained for the purpose of promotion or generating revenue. This includes, but is not limited to: books, magazines, newspapers, calendars, brochures, websites, advertisements, interior or exterior commercial display or decoration.
- Commercial use fee - $15 per photograph per commercial use
- Data storage (CD) $5
- Photocopies (8.5" x 11") $0.25 per page
- Photocopies (11" x 17") $0.50 per page
- Shipping and handling fees - as applicable
- Audio cassette digitization $15 per tape
- Video digitization - please phone for quote
- Artifact photography $15/ photograph